Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh Man, I've Been Tagged!

Man of style and all around good guy, Delaney Holliman tagged me. That makes me "it."

The deal is if you get tagged you have to share 8 things that you figure nobody knows about you. I tried to pick the 8 things that would result in the least amount of jail time.

8 Things you don't know about me.

1. The only class I ever failed in school was Beginning Piano. I took the class because I needed something easy to kill time. I had most of the credits I needed to graduate early, but they made me stay at school all day to take those classes. The problem with this class is that it required practice, which was more work for me than if I had just signed up for another academic class. I would go into the practice room with my partner and sleep while she practiced the whole hour. I think she got an A. I only learned one song, The Muffin Man.

2. Learning to play The Muffin Man was a portend of things to come, which also leads us to my next thing you don't know about me. I not only knew the muffin man, I became the muffin man, a salesman for Otis Spunkmeyer.

3. I used to own a horse, her name was Brandy. I have not ridden in a long time. My father still owns a few. They're more fun to look at than to ride.

4. You all know that Bene' is my wife and best friend. What you might not know is that I met her at church when I was 21 years old. I proposed the first time I ever talked to her alone. She said yes. We are closing in on our 18th anniversary. (This is the most important of the 8, but I'm throwing in the middle to keep you, the reader, off balance.)

5. My handwriting is beyond horrible. You didn't know that because you've never seen anything I've written by hand. It's even worse now that I have been typing everything for so long. I can barely write a check.

6. Other than the one time I downloaded a memory card for Zack Arias on his computer, I have never used a Mac.

7. My family moved from Macon to rural Putnam County when I was 7 years old. We lived in a little unincorporated area named Rockville. It came by the name honestly. For several years the family chore was to pick up rocks in the yard.

8. I started my first job when I was 12. I worked every Saturday with George Dunn, the county surveyor. My main job was to hold one end of the 100ft long steel measuring tape we used, which developed this odd looking muscle next to my elbow. I learned that flexing it and telling the teacher my elbow was injured would me out of class. I can still flex that muscle 22 years after moving on from that job. Most importantly, I learned a lot about the value of hard work from Mr. George, he was a very good man.

The rest of being tagged is that I get to pick a few folks of my own to tag now. I'll post links as they blog their lists.

Kim Bednarski. Can you believe I know somebody named Bednarski? Sounds like a made up name from Happy Days. I can hear Fonzie saying it now...

Jen Capone. I have no idea if she's related to Al or not. I'm afraid to ask.

There are still a few tagging deadbeats on the loose - Josh J, Zack, Janne G-E.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home