Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal

I love it when something dawns on me. You know, when you finally figure out one of those nagging questions that seem to have no answer. Well, I finally understand why the Rolling Stones have so many ardent fans.

I grew up in a time when the Stones were singing "Start Me Up" and other very forgettable songs, which I have obviously forgotten. (Although I do vaguely remember something about standing in a doorway.) Marc Climie played a Stones classic from the 60's "Paint It, Black" for me. It's so clear now. Once a band does something great, people hold on to hope that they will eventually get it right again. Hope is a powerful thing; it has sold millions of records for Mick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home