Sunday, December 25, 2005

Away in a Manger

I have hung this ornament on the Christmas tree every year for as long as I can remember. When I was a child, I thought I had really figured out something great because I put it where a light shined into the stable just like the star that guided the wise men.



As I said, I have hung this one every year. When I was away from home at school, my mother held it out fro me until I came home. When I got married, she gave it to me for my new family's tree. This will be the first year that I hang this ornament with my daughter and explain to her about the star.

She is almost 4 years old, and will enjoy getting to help me find a bare spot on the tree that is close to a light. I'm not sure she will listen long enough to get the whole story, but I hope she retains the most important part - that God sent his Son to us, to be one of us, and to be our Savior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home